Friday, September 09, 2005

An adbusters anti-narrative

I have been reading about a designer named Ora Ito. I found out about him because he has an amazing website.
He creates virtual product designs for companies, most done with wishful thinking and without their endorsment. The cool thing is that he caught the attention of executives and now his products are being made - like the new heineken bottle.

Ora Ito works in vivid contrast to our reading like "no logo". He actually thrives on brand products. So he has chosen to embrace the system rather than defy it like we have been encouraged to.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cernunnos said...

Dude, that site rocks. I'm so going to steal some of his ways of presenting his objects, especially those intro screens. I mean, they're just really fucking good.

11:45 PM  
Blogger Luca said...

Yeah he was voted one of the best designers of 2005 in monument magazine.

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home