Terri Brooks

Terri Brooks, originally uploaded by labate.
Terri Brooks ' works have been described as "art objects"
Title of Work is "White with two crosses".
She isn't hiding the ambiguity that often exists in the title of an artwork.
Why does this work leave me cold? Is an emotionless reaction still a reaction?
Is art that fails to ignite my visceral instincts worthwhile?

4 Comments:
it leaves you cold because of the colours and tones?
an emotionless reaction is still a reaction just as a blank expression is an expression
so if the art doesn't ignite YOUR visceral instincts then its not worthwhile?
what was the artist aiming for?
i'm sure it wasn't to please YOUR brain (yes i know you didn't imply that, lol)
I think this piece is a piece of shit. I mean it's like some dude duct taped a piece of mdf to a wall down the road, came back a couple weeks later and called it 'art'. Yeah right. But I guess art is something that moves you in some ungay way, and I guess this does. So yeah, it could be called art, but it's not going up on my wall.
But It uses Duct Tape man!!
What annoyed me was the fact that it had the same price tag as the William Breen painting (the awesome street scene).
This is when everyones true artistic preference comes out when money gets involved. After all if we think of art in terms of time spent then the 5 minutes spent duct taping on a white canvas or the hours spent painting a canvas should not = the same price.
Everything always gets more complicated when money $$$$$ gets involved.
The sad part is that money will always be involved in some way.
That's terrible, that oil painting should cost way more than this one. Oh well, I guess it depends on who wants it, take ebay for example. *damn douches outbidding me at the last moment, I'll show them hahahaha... ha*
Post a Comment
<< Home