Saturday, April 16, 2005

Friday Lecture: Arts Project Australia

For those of you not there Arts Project Australia is an organisation that gives artists with intellectual disabities access to a studio and help exhibit/sell their work.

The media places more emphasis on the artists disabilty then the works.
Classification/stereotyping it as "disabled art".

If the artists' disabilities were hidden then would their works have any less significance?

Classification by the art media seems to be another method of control/exclusion.

What did you think of the lecture?

3 Comments:

Blogger Cernunnos said...

Dude, I've got no idea how you're going about your research but this post sounds all wrong. I don't care what I think, I want to know want you think. After all, it is your blog. I don't know what a blog means to you but to me it's a place where I tell people to get fucked by sharing my thoughts. Tell me why you loved the lecture, tell me why you think it sucked balls, whatever, I'd just prefer to tell you what I thought in response to what you thought. You know how it goes.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Luca said...

Good Point man,

To be honest I've been trying to post questions up in order to collect the different responses.

Doesn't really seem to be going where I'd hope so I think its time to start ranting.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Cernunnos said...

Rant away, I can't wait to hear it.

1:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home