William Breen

William Breen, originally uploaded by labate.
William Breen Melbourne based painter.
Photoreal artworks created with oilpaint
He has an unbelievable eye for light with an amazing level of detail.
Why was I so captivated by this work?
Is it wrong to be attracted to a piece of art on a purely technical level?
After all we can admire design for its pure functionality, cna we admire art? Is that missing the point?

3 Comments:
I like this one the best for some reason. Even though a lot of time would have been put into it I think some dude setting up a shot like this, or even harder, finding something to shoot which has some underlying meaning to it is just as hard. Although you could take a picture of anyone's lounge room and it would be considered 'art' by some jerk, whatever that is. But yeah, it's ok but what's the point? If it's just for the artist to say 'look how good I am with a brush' then sweet, otherwise yeah...
i like this one for the mood it creaates, i can imagine walking down the street and seeing this shop, with the guy inside listening to the radio, and it just seems so friendly
Sometimes I have serous tunnel vision. When I saw this, I liked it, but I wondered why you wouldn't just take a photo?
Why did i like it?
It doesn't feel contrived, just relaxed.
Post a Comment
<< Home