Prompt
I've been looking back over my investigation from the start.
- Early on artists reacting to disenfrachisement and their motivation for doing so.
And more significantly our reaction/commentary around such artworks as well as art and design in general.
What a realised is that my blog was thriving on:
prompt ->
reaction->
commentary ->
reaction to commentary ->
new prompt
Looking at it this way robbed my "map" of alot of its spontanaity and gave structure to something that was very much out of control at times (have you all read Hueys Monash Rant for example?).
But this has also been beneficial because I realised that if my investigation was drawn as a map that "prompts" would be everywhere.
More importantly I realised that this is what was driving me as a designer. Seeing a need (or being told that I HAVE TO GO OUT AND FIND ONE OR ELSE I'D FAIL) - then reacting (hopefully creatively and innovatively)
I know I'm stating the bloody obvious here.
Applying this to my dissent against "ego artists" and starcks and rashits???
They are able to self glorify as this prompt-reaction process moves along - react in such a way that leads their solutions to be seemingly more important than others.
They can play this system - and to that extent should be admired.
Does this make "be more than this" an empty comment when "this" is "it"
- I have no idea where I am going to go with this.
- Early on artists reacting to disenfrachisement and their motivation for doing so.
And more significantly our reaction/commentary around such artworks as well as art and design in general.
What a realised is that my blog was thriving on:
prompt ->
reaction->
commentary ->
reaction to commentary ->
new prompt
Looking at it this way robbed my "map" of alot of its spontanaity and gave structure to something that was very much out of control at times (have you all read Hueys Monash Rant for example?).
But this has also been beneficial because I realised that if my investigation was drawn as a map that "prompts" would be everywhere.
More importantly I realised that this is what was driving me as a designer. Seeing a need (or being told that I HAVE TO GO OUT AND FIND ONE OR ELSE I'D FAIL) - then reacting (hopefully creatively and innovatively)
I know I'm stating the bloody obvious here.
Applying this to my dissent against "ego artists" and starcks and rashits???
They are able to self glorify as this prompt-reaction process moves along - react in such a way that leads their solutions to be seemingly more important than others.
They can play this system - and to that extent should be admired.
Does this make "be more than this" an empty comment when "this" is "it"
- I have no idea where I am going to go with this.

6 Comments:
see my other comments -
at least your going... :)
where are you going with this?
does there have to be a direction?
Monash rant? But yeah, I think we can't 'be more than this' because we've already sunk to that level. In fact we've sunk even lower, we're churning out shit and it fucking makes me sick.
my head hurts. I do not leave intellectual responses.
Post a Comment
<< Home